We, as Troop 89, lead our boys to help develop into the men they deserve to be. We’ve been scouting in Enola since 1955, so we know a thing or two about how to organize a fun and interactive program. Our boys spend a lot of time interacting, becoming friends, and developing their Scouting skills. We’ve had many of our own become Eagle scouts, as you can see here.
Looking for Cub Scouts, grades K-5? Click here.
Thanks again for checking out what Troop 89 of Enola is really all about.
What is scouting?
The Boy Scouts of America is one of the nation’s largest and most prominent values-based youth development organizations. The BSA provides a program for young people that builds character, trains them in the responsibilities of participating citizenship, and develops personal fitness.
For more than a century, the BSA has helped build the future leaders of this country by combining educational activities and lifelong values with fun. The Boy Scouts of America believes — and, through over a century of experience, knows — that helping youth is a key to building a more conscientious, responsible, and productive society.
Scouting’s alumni record is impressive. A recent nation-wide survey of high schools revealed the following information:
- 85% of student council presidents were Scouts
- 89% of senior class presidents were Scouts
- 80% of junior class presidents were Scouts
- 75% of school publication editors were Scouts
- 71% of football captains were Scouts
Scouts also account for:
- 64% of Air Force Academy graduates
- 68% of West Point graduates
- 70% of Annapolis graduates
- 72% of Rhodes Scholars
- 85% of FBI agents
- 26 of the first 29 astronauts